Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Source for Heavy Metals

Thirty years after removing lead from gasoline, the EPA is finally cutting the amount of lead allowed to be spewed into the air by industry by 90%. Exposure to even low levels of lead can result in learning and memory problems in children and hypertension, kidney problems, heart disease, strokes, and cancer in adults. This is definitely a big step forward, but we also should consider treating patients who have already been exposed. Chelation therapy is effective and should be widely used.

Link to the Environmental Protection Agency.

2 comments:

Todd M said...

Hi Dr. Chappell,

I hope you're doing well.

I was having some back pain last week so went to a chiropractor. He has helped the pain but also ran me through some tests including something called a Pulse Wave Profiler. He says I did not do well on that test. What can you tell me about it? It seems to me that if the test is legit maybe I need to come up to your office and talk about chelation.

Thank you.

Todd Miller
tmiller@classicroof.com

L Terry Chappell, MD said...

please see your email for response.