Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vitamin D Protects Against H1N1 Flu

A report from Dr. Norris Glick at the Central Wisconsin Center in Madison, WI concludes that vitamin D protects against the swine flu. CWC is a long term facility for people with developmental disabilities. For several years, the 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood levels have been monitored and patients have been treated if they are low. However, staff have not been so treated. In June, 2009, there was an outbreak of H1N1 flu. Only 2 out of 275 patients in the facility came down with H1N1, while 103 out of 800 staff members got the disease. Unfortunately, the CDC and state health authorities have ignored these findings. I recommend vitamin D supplements for most of my patients. I also want to protect them against heart disease, strokes, cancer and autoimmune problems.

Contact vitamindcouncil@vitamindcouncil.org

1 comment:

Suze said...

No kidding!!
(I'm a friend of your daugher Katie and just found this link on her blog...)
I live in Madison and I know Norris Glick! And I had no idea he was doing this kind of research. Good information to know.